View Single Post
Old 04.02.2008, 12:05 PM   #2
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protectmeyou
well I just got the deal of the century on ebay. a mint condition (yes, unplayed) of Daydream, Blast First for $49.

a few thoughts:

- unbelievably quiet pressing, there is not a hint of surface noise on this.

- the fidelity is amazing. I'm hearing instrument seperation like never before. the tail-out of "The Sprawl" for example, the way the volumes have been mixed is really making itself apparent now.

- the slapback echo on the Thurston's vocals on "Silver Rocket". and just way the vocals sit in the mix generally. much more 'in' the music as opposed on top of it.

- only bummer: side B is slightly off centre, I'm getting a tiny bit of pitch wow/flutter. I can easily live with it though.

does anyone have both Blast First & Enigma's? how do they compare?

I have the BF/Enigma pressing, & I it sounds clear as a bell. The audio definiton is amazing, even better than the Deluxe Edition vinyl. So, I agree w/ you 100%.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|