View Single Post
Old 04.03.2009, 09:46 AM   #35
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
What bothered me was the statement "he has never written a lyric that matters in the least." I mean, if you want to write off say some of the weirder lyrics ("one of us is a cigar stand...") as being too much "unusual imagery" that's one thing. But off the top of my head I can think of a lot of Pavemenet/Malkmus lyrics ("Spit On A Stranger," "Major Leagues," "Grounded," the bulk of his self-titled LP, -- again just off the top of my head, I'm sure I could make a much longer list if I tried) that I think are pretty straight forward lyrics. Jeez, "Jenny & The Ess-Dog" is straight up story-song. So. Whatever.