View Single Post
Old 07.27.2006, 06:29 PM   #24
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
maybe... but surely in somebody elses eyes they could see Malkmus as a god, i for one do, as i do Trent Reznor - now i realise that not everyone will see Reznor as a god-like musician but i do. Ok so Morrisson, Bowie, Hendrix, Lennon all wrote good music that stood the test of time and i'm guessing that you kingcoffee are a big Flaming Lips fan due to the fact you have included them in your list there, i dont share this opinion, and i think Hendrix was just a waster that choked on his own vomit.

so i supposed it all comes down to personal opinion on who actually qualifies as "god-like" and who is just standing the test of time.

Flaming Lips may not be super popular, but they are damn talented musicians! I consider them "gods" in a certain sense. I guess "demi gods" would be more fitting. Hendrix was amazing. If you can't see his talent and genius, then I pity you. He was more than a drug addict who choked on his own vomit (very tragic). He was a transcendant guitar god!!!!! Few people have ever come close to the inventive and radically different approach to the guitar as Jimi Hendrix did. He reinvented guitar music.

Also, Trent Reznor is not a rock "god", either. Kurt Cobain would be much more fitted for that status than Reznor would be. NiN had some good material, but were one of the most overrated bands of the 90's. He had one really good album and one so-so album, and after that, it was all down hill. He was a flash in the pan artist who's popularity lasted far too long. Reznor hasn't released anytrhing of note in 12 years. That's not a "god", that's a wash up.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|