Thread: Stones
View Single Post
Old 01.20.2011, 03:25 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Lee certainly admired them, I have doubts about the others.

Yes he does, I was just posting about Lee and the Dead and how we have had two conversations about them, one for twenty minutes after the Filer Party gig..

Lee is the Deadhead of the group, and he said the Dead were very much an influence on the Sonic Nurse era as the band was experimenting with blending their distinctive noise/thrash sound with a more harmonic, musical structure in a live setting, and this is an artform the Dead perfected, blending the dynamics of albums and live stageshows..
further I think this song in particular reveals itself when it says "the Dead are alright" in the liner notes..

Steve said he can dig the Dead but not as much, and Thurston has been pictured in a Dead shirt or two, but I am not quite sure of the sincerity, and he kinda a dick so I hadn't got the chance to talk to him yet..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|