View Single Post
Old 07.02.2009, 06:55 PM   #80
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
Okay, I'd forgotten why I don't enjoy 'Death Valley' live (as much as most of you, it would seem!) until the 'Walls Have Ears' version w/ Lee singing Lydia's part randomly (!) came on the ol' digital jukebox...and that's why...it's a duet! And they haven't played it as a duet since 1985!

Does anyone agree? Is the crowd supposed to sing Lydia's part or something? Don't get me wrong, it sounds fine and most of the tension of the original recording is still there, but I guess I just don't see why they don't take advantage of it...? Especially now that every song in the set is a fucking duet! Ha! Ha!

EDIT: Okay, in classic idiot form I posted that before I watched the Toronto vid. Holy shit!!!!!!! Now THAT gets me excited!!!!

Ha ha! I agree Chris, I'd always found live versions of "Death Valley '69" disappointing, even when I saw them do it in 1985, because there was no Lydia. But this new three guitar, three lead vocal attack is brutal perfection. Damn, it totally stands up to the Bad Moon version. The crowd at that show must have felt like they were on the real Manson Family acid when that went down. I can't wait to see them this tour!!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|