View Single Post
Old 07.01.2009, 10:53 PM   #64
psychic hearts
empty page

psychic hearts has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by tough titty
I was sitting right behind the guy who shot that video. He shot the whole show with his camera on the balcony rail, except for one song (the one with acoustic guitar off the new album. That was the song where Kim said they were going to play a Neil Young song but didn't. I'm guessing Kim said that because there is a live Neil Young CD from Massey Hall in the 70's.) He told me he would have his videos on youtube today and sure enough, they are. I tried to bribe him with $20 for his front row balcony seat so I could have a clear shot for videotaping but he wouldn't budge (I don't blame him). I ended up having a great shot anyways from the 2nd row.

I also saw "Death Valley 69" at my 1st Sonic Youth concert in Calgary in 1991, when they opened up for Neil Young. My friend recorded that show on a dictaphone and one of these days I am going to transfer his tape digitally and share it.

I thought they might have played "Death Valley 69" because some dude yelled out "Death Valley 69, motherfuckers!" really loudly in between songs once when it was quiet, but now I see that it was on the setlist after all thanks to the photo by eternal (thanks a lot!).

When I was picking up my tickets at the box office I started talking to the guy next to me, and it turns out I had met him at the 2002 Vancouver show at the Vogue Theatre, where he was videotaping the show in the row in front of me. I got his email so I'm hoping that I can get my hands on that video someday!

One strange thing I noticed about the concert last night is that not a single person was smoking pot which is pretty damn unusual for a rock concert, especially in Canada!

Also, I noticed a bunch of empty seats in the 3rd level which surprised me, considering the tickets up there weren't that expensive ($35 Canadian). I'm not complaining though. If most people in the world actually liked good music than I would have had to see Sonic Youth in a hockey rink or stadium instead of an intimate venue.

Seriously! I had 3 empty seats beside me, what's up with people?

Amazing show. 2 Encores? Brilliant. Death Valley 69' and The Sprawl made my night. New stuff is great as well. I heard some people complaining about "too much new stuff" after the show...Pfff. Thurston's hands are the size of basketballs.
psychic hearts is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|