View Single Post
Old 08.24.2014, 03:14 AM   #921
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I get a perverse joy out of reading those lists, but jesus christ. are they actively trying to kill music? they're perhaps the most cynical organisation I've ever come across in the way that they've constructed these movements and then retrospectively eliminated them from this cultural lexicon (for which they're entirely responsible) purely because they don't feel them to be valid...

// I can't support any entity which ups a band like real estate or beach house. I don't even care if they're aesthetically pleasing (to middle-class white kids 'discovering' music because they 'love it' and distracts them from the vacuity of their entire fucking existence), is it among the BEST music to be released? this shouldn't even be a question, although maybe there's some subjectivity in the term...to me, best connotes a piece of work which actually achieves something, which would eliminate 95% of the shit from that list.

lol why the fuck do I care? they've won.

Well, first of all, yes MBDTF and Runaway are both among the best albums/singles to be released in the half decade (seriously, they're doing fucking HALF decades now?) in question...

Buy aside from that you're totally right. They're killing music. They talk about Centipede HZ as though its blandness ruined Animal Collective's "perfect" run. It didn't, because they never had a fucking perfect run! They had a bunch of albums that fit perfectly into the image that Pitchfork wanted for a period. But nobody other than pitchfork themselves ever thought they were the god damn perfect indie band. So for pitchfork to look back and shake their heads at the wasted potential... It's like Time issuing a total dis of their Man of the Year three months after Time itself chose the fucker.

I don't think they've won, and I think their time is just about up. They're not even having a positive influence on lonely college kids anymore. They're just directing them to the music that is already the most hyped and beloved in the country. They are the single most widely read publication in the country, which means they no longer have any true investment in independent culture, if they ever did. Their walls will come tumbling down soon enough.

They're raising new generations of freaking dipshits every few years, and I for one think they are the very picture of shameful music writing and hackneyed PR puppet stringing.

Something needs to be done about these assholes. They need to go down.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|