View Single Post
Old 04.02.2006, 05:54 AM   #14
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
DIRTY
1.100% - i thinks it almost a jock-rock type of song, its saved by the screechy guitars and feedback and the solo in the middle. i like the video alot for this song. favourite lyric "ive been around the world a milion times and all you men are slime a gun to my head goodbye i am dead'
2.swimsuit issue - one of my favourites, i really like the different guitar sounds in this song, the all build up really well then dissapear leaving just kims voice. favourite lyric "im swimming"
3.Theresa's sound world - the best song on this album by are really long way. fantastic guitar and drums and thurstons voice sounds perfect.A*** Favourite lyric "i know i'd love her to breathe again"
4.Drunken butterfly - good lyrics, i dont like the chorus very much though.favourite lyric "whisper kisses here i'l tell you what i fear"
5.Shoot - my second favourite song from this album, this song sums up dirty i think. its clearly sonic youth but its cleaner and better organised than before. favourite lyric "close yr eyes make a wish, shoot"
6.wish fulfillment - a really nice Lee song. Favourite lyric "yr life and my life they dont touch at all and thats no way to be"
7.Sugar Cane - i know this song inside and out, its probly the sonic youth song i know the best thanks to a coach trip with an ipod containing only this song. and still i love it, its great. its like an anthem. favourite lyric "back to the cross the twisted lane there's something down there sugar cane".
8.orange rolls, angel's spit - A great Kim song. i dont like a few kim songs but this is one that i love. "you better stay away if you want to learn"
9.Youth against fasciam - borring, i dont like this song it has no depth. but i dont think thats what they were going for. i dont have a favourite lyric
10.Nic Fit - whatever, untimate low point.
11.On the strip - a high point, a very good song, kims voice is smooth and fantastic, the guitar is perfect. Favourite lyric "you really know how to be hip"
12.Chapel Hill - this and 'on the stip' go together really well. its like a good kim song then a good thurston song, i like that in the middle thay take it all down then build it all up again, bit by bit, they also do this in 'sugar cane'. favourite lyric "too bad the scene is dead the memorys in the shadows back in time again"
13.JC - More like a poem than a song, i love the guitar here, its sad and moody and i love it.favourite lyrics"another can of coca-cola","quick sand quick sand all around","yr walking through my heart once more dont forget to close the door"
14.Purr - i like the silver sessions version of this alot better than this version, its great but i think its better slowed down a bit. favourite lyric "i learned it all from you how to howl at the moon yeah"
15.Creme Brulee - i love the start. i always scream along 'HOT', its sonic youth stripped back. i always imagine if you were to go around to kims for a jam this is the kinda stuff she would come up with.favourite lyric "last night i dreamed i kissed neil young"
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|