Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 05.30.2019, 02:44 PM   #538
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
The Vengaboys are back alive! Scoring a number #1 hit in Austria with We're Going to Ibiza!
after 20 odd years. And I guess today, tonight? they will play it live in Vienna at a protest march

#VengaboysforPresident

We're going to Ibiza! How the Vengaboys became the sound of political protest in Austria

Yeah, that's probably the most curious piece of trivia in the whole debacle. My flatmate said he'll probably go to the gig. I'm obviously not a fan of them but it's nice to see that they found a new purpose for this novelty track. It's the perfect logical conclusion to times as absurd and chaotic as these. A late 90s novelty Eurodance act as the voice of a protest. Who'd have thunk and why the fuck not?

In other news: Brigitte Bierlein was just appointed as the interim-chancellor by president Van Der Bellen, making her the first ever female chancellor in the history of Austria . Which is cool. There are whispers and murmurs though that she is rather conservative and close to both parties that had just been ousted. Not so cool, if true. But to be taken with a grain of salt since she is technically an Independent. And she was selected by the president, who in opposition to the two formerly governing parties is decidedly left-leaning and does seem very level-headed. So she might just be neutral enough. Time will tell.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|