View Single Post
Old 07.08.2016, 03:12 PM   #59
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
so finaly I got my copy and heard it for the first time in full. always excited about new or unheard SY material. In case of SY and few others it has to be proper "listening experience ritual", right time, right mood, coup of whatever, you know what I mean.

1. Ambient Guitar & Dreamy Theme - opening goes forever and to me it doesn't feel very ambient more likely "noisey", but at 9th. min. mark where the ambient starts and I can hear very primal indication of main theme riff. very loose composition that second half. 16 minutes of SY 86' impro? wow.

2. Theme With Noise - this represents everything what SY means to me...well almost. beautiful riff. improv. dissonant. sad. detuned. I can listen to this forever it seems. still blown away by this riff like 15 years ago when I heard it for a first time /Moon In The Bathroom which seems to be in much faster pace/ (g, i can not believe it has been 15 years now). very interesting to hear it in this "reherseal version". I have to mention Lincoln's Gout, Coughing Up Tweed, Pre-Poured Wood, Smoke Blisters 3 & 4, O.J.'s Glove Or What as well. main theme right? this one is the probably best.

3. High Mesa - another dreamy and bit loose composition but drums on this one hold everything steady and together. faster and angrier mood then first two tracks. unheard..very nice. what exactly Mesa means?

4. Uknown Theme - Ha! add another version of main theme. love it.

5. Wolf - do not know what to say.. short sweet strumming with nice ending.

6. Scalping - starting off with typical murky sound of that era and continue all the way throughout the end with few drum hits finish. my walls vibrated from low tones, I had to put the volume down. very similar sound to the ending of Expressway.

7. Theme 1 Take 4 - main theme yet in another coat. nice steady short drumming on this one. love it.

that is it? too short I am hungry for more. I think I will have another go.

love the sound of the EVOL era guitars.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|