View Single Post
Old 09.12.2014, 08:27 AM   #1080
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Whoah, dude. That's a crazy crazy thing you just said. Are you chewing on peyote buttons? Having an identity crisis? Feeling a lapse in you relationship with Jesus?

I'm just talking about the flow. I mean, Em has a verse that is so rapid it's insane and then flips to a way slowed down flow. It's awesome. Impressive.

Quote:
And Drake has only grown in influence and popularity as well, though I still want to punch his lint-Rollin' bitchass Degrasse face. And guess what? He's doing it by essentially taking turn by turn directions from Yeezy! It's like he has the voice of Ye on his iPhone instead of Siri, and he's just making a career out of studying and reimagining 808's & Heartbreak!

Yeah crazy right? Ye made 808s - and it sort of seemed to 'create' a new sub-genre. The sensitive dudes who sing... and rap. The rappers who's 3rd single from every album is a sensitive singing ballad. Whatever. But yeah Drake has become the prince of that. For sure. Ugh. It's funny, I almost find the whole thing annoying. Like I kind of want to not like Drake. But then I end up liking his albums a lot. Every. Friggin. Time.

But you right, 808s is a modern classic. Funny how it seems to be almost the Ye album that nobody remembers.

Related: I feel like "Amazing" is *maybe* my favorite Kanye single ever.

("Mercy" is a strong contender)