View Single Post
Old 05.27.2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Sucklechimp
little trouble girl

Sucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's assesSucklechimp kicks all y'all's asses
It's almost a new decade, which is weird, and SY of course has blessed us with a ton of shit to listen to (for the sake of discussion, I'm including the year 2000). So, what's been your favorite these past ten years? It's really interesting to think back on what has come out this decade because their releases have really ranged in styles.

My favorites are NYC Ghosts + Flowers -- definitely one of my favorite albums from SY. Compared to later releases this decade, NYCGF obviously stands out. Noisy, dark beat poetry.

SYR 7 -- This is a landmark SY record. An absolute sonic assault on track 1. followed up by an amazing ambient piece, which is sort of rare for SY. Some of the stuff on track 2 reminds me of Windy & Carl for some reason.

Murray Street -- Introduces the "classic rock" sound, but still has that experimental edge. Love the horrible horns from Borbetomagus on Radical Adults. One of their best records!

My personal opinion is that Rather Ripped is the worst proper album the band has ever released, but Nurse which I though was so-so at first, gets better each time I listen to it. The Eternal from what I have sounds awesome so far, I just hope it isn't uninspired like RR.

So what is everyone's highlights from this decade?
Sucklechimp is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|