View Single Post
Old 04.28.2009, 06:07 PM   #171
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
Ugh I swear you all confuse me. They make one poppier album with Rather Ripped, and it's awful. And then they make one album in The Eternal which is "rockier" which.. might I add sounds like RR 2.0 except with their "balls" back.
I mean don't get me wrong The Eternal is not a bad record. But it isn't doing anything different from the two records before, really, so why is everyone so excited for it?
RR wasn't a step backward, it was a step forward. There's only so much you can do as a band. That noise in "What We Know"? I don't think I have ever heard anything so formulaic from them. It's like they're saying "Alright, we're Sonic Youth, we're supposed to be noisy, let's get out our book of how to make typical noise". I don't know it just bugs me how un-genuine it sounds.

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|