View Single Post
Old 04.22.2015, 08:45 AM   #1176
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
CHEEEEEEEEFFFFFFF!!! if you read this. check out the movie "how to cook your life". a documentary that follows a chef/zen teacher. really great! and part of it was shot in austria. i'm not kidding. check it out if you can. i posted a picture on the movie thread. made by someone name doris dorrie (with some umlauts somewhere)

=======

i've been cleaning my food stores for the last couple of weeks. all i have left in the freezer are frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, and frozen greens. the industrial chicken is gone-- but it made a mess of my oven, splattering grease everywhere. s0-- almost there! the pantry shelves are still loaded though-- all kinds of flours, etc. so some interesting things came out of that.

--> a tuna sauce for pasta, with cilantro. delicious.

--> chocolate cake. really nice and moist. that later became a chocolate peanut cake after i mixed peanut butter with confectioner's sugar (wanted to get rid of the sugar)

--> a pumpkin custard (canned pumkin, milk, eggs, molasses, sugar, spices)

--> "bean pizza". a layer of beans, a layer of greens, a splash of tomato sauce, shredded industrial mozzarella (i know, i know). heated up in the oven. sounds slightly monstrous but it's actually decent nutrition. gets boring after 5 days though!

--> cornbread. made with butter and buttermilk. which i ate with The Last Bacon. cornbread was okay but degermed cornmeal is fucking bland and tasteless. no more aunt jemima, i'm growing/grinding my own dent corn from now on.

i'm looking for a recipe for graham crackers-- i have a TON of graham flour. alton brown, that fucking douche, has a highly rated recipe but it's measured in fractions of an ounce. how the fuck do you measure "7 3/8 ounces?" are they weight ounces or volume ounces? the fucking douche... he has good recipes but i hate his guts. "alton".
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|