View Single Post
Old 02.08.2013, 05:44 PM   #2474
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haha. I replied to this in the other thread but here seems more appropriate to discuss a total gem. It really demystifies the whole prem manager thing. I'm sure it's different if you're Fergie or a handfull of others but for the rest it just seems like well paid humiliation.

yes yes.

well, the movie glosses over a metric ton of details and spends a lot of time showing goals and graphics of the championship table, but from what i could gather, things were shit when:

1) a lunatic egomaniac was in charge and tried to micromanage everything and took everything personally

however, things improved when

1) a saner person took the reins of the organization

2) a professional was allowed to do his job without interference

the atrocity of flavio suggesting to players that they-- foul more, or something? self-appointed coach from hell.

anyway, don't know what the myth of the prem manager is, but if something is clear to me from this movie is that "management" (i mean that in a general sense) matters a whole lot to the success of an organization. little details, like when amit tells gianni he wants to be more positive and stop yelling at the players-- truly, treat people like cattle and they will respond in kind (coaches and players alike).

it cracked me up when warnock walks into the building, points at the stupid "winners only" sign, and says "that's gotta go". also the fact that after all of the week's hard work he told the players to have fun on the pitch. isn't that a much better way to build up morale? of course.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|