View Single Post
Old 06.12.2016, 01:35 AM   #2219
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Speaking of OutKast, I listened to Aquemini today, and I remembered louder saying that Bey's "All Night" sampled "SpottieOttieDopaliscious."

I'm, like 100% certain that the two horn parts are not the same. Straight up. Partly because of the major key changes in the "All Night" that just a aren't there in the reggae-derived horn loop in "Spottie..." (See the chorus at 2:30-2:40, and you'll hear notes and phrasing that aren't in "Spottie" at all).

So I just wanted to throw that out there. I DO know that people from both Bey and OutKast camps noticed the similarities between the horn parts, and that OutKast was given a post-release songwriting credit that appears on all pressings of the album except for the first.

But... It's not a direct sample of the song. It has a very similar sound, but the key is different, and the recording of the horns is very obviously of a higher quality on "All Night."

Anyway, not trying to be a dick, but that's my verdict and I stand by it after listening to the songs back to back a few times. I thought it sounded odd that the horns came from Spottie, but I held my tongue cause y'all tend to know more about this shit than I do.

Both excellent songs, though.
Yeah I initially assumed they were sampled, but they weren't, they just happened to be like, really similar.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|