View Single Post
Old 04.22.2018, 09:08 AM   #49595
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i never was a member of his cult of personality, but as talent goes, i felt he had it in spades.

early hole was great for sure, and im not saying nirvana was the best music out there at the time— but it connected to the culture in a very particular way. one that has not replicated or matched since in the rock genre. talking about the mass phenomenon—which was my original point about “cultural relevance” (and rock being overtaken by hip hop in youth culture).

in the late 90s/early 2000s i was in grad school, teaching college students— there was 1 punk kid, and everybody else was massively into eminem. what year was it when 8 mile came out? that was his cultural orgasm probably. eminem was the music icon that followed the 90s, but he was not a rocker. also did not eat buckshot as his last meal, so not so much myth around him, but yeah.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|