View Single Post
Old 03.27.2007, 07:39 PM   #32
ted_kennedy
bad moon rising

ted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to beholdted_kennedy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i don't like obama but it's not like we're going to get anyone better in there. he's just as fucked up and corrupt as every other politician underneath the facade.
i have to say, i really like the libertarian party's platform a whole lot, however their representatives are, again, just as bad as everyone else. i don't care what kind of argument you try to make, politicians are shysters.

A lot of the littler parties have superior policies. However, for them to get anywhere near actual government they would have to change those polices - they would basically end up as the Democratic or Republican Party mk. II. Thats why all politicians are shysters.

Power doesn't lie in politicians or political parties or even governments, power lies elsewhere in society, most notably in control of capital. Thats why social change can only happen outside of formal politics.
ted_kennedy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|