View Single Post
Old 06.05.2015, 09:48 AM   #46826
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I'm listening to this new record by Blanck Mass (Benjamin John Power of Fuck Buttons) titled “Dumb Flesh.”

And while I have to admit that I was really hoping for 2015 to bring along a proper follow-up to 2013's phenomenal Slow Focus. With each release, Fuck Buttons grow about a century, and none of their three albums have not made my top 5 at the end of their respective year.

But Dumb Flesh, like Power's 2010 album under the same name, is extremely satisfying, and with Andrew Hung also releasing material in 2015 (Rave Cave EP "level 1", with a "level 2" hopefully on its way) I guess this is pretty much as close as one can get to having new Fuck Buttons music in earnest.

But Dumb Flesh is the superior solo effort, even if it wasn't quite as ambitious a project as Hung's Game Boy composed EP, it draws me in much like FB's three LP's... Forcefully, as though some hidden tentacled arms were jetting out from behind the speakers and pulling me bodily into its great blubbery being.

Worse things have tried to eat me... Go FUCK BUTTONS, even when yr not currently in Fuck Button form!

I need sleep very badly.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|