View Single Post
Old 05.20.2010, 12:59 AM   #55
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I don't think ICP is "lowest common demoninator", I think bands like the White Stripes fit that description more -- simple predictable boring shit designed simply to be quick, cheap, and fast; get in, get out and make shit-tons of money with no talent or artistic credibility. Whether or not you like ICP, they have released some genuinely creepy, interesting horror raps; and are genuinely funny at times too. I dunno, this goes with what I was saying about Pantera earlier; the people who criticize ICP are 99% of the time criticizining them based on their fanbase, without hearing a note of their music.

Most juggalos are idiots, true, but some of the ones I met are about a billion times cooler than the My Chemical Romance scenester bullshit.

i don't care about their music at all. im sure what you say is true. i'm just making fun of their fans.

i can see how their stupidity could be appealing when compared to the stupidity of white stripes indie or emo taking it seriously stupidity.

what's weird about them is the reverse black face. don't they come from detroit? black panthers, lots of radical culture, then no jobs, it all shuts down and you end up with icp and weird reverse black face stuff. what is it, some sort of subliminal identification with the "we're all niggers now" attitude, and capitalist hip hop culture. fair enough... but its a bit old now.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|