View Single Post
Old 01.17.2008, 02:34 PM   #21
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by moik
wow - thanks for all the kind words.

chris - send me yr email address and i'll send you the rest of the gear pics.

if you remember evol.org as a sort of busy, crowded page - that was on purpose. i wouldn't do well in today's world of elegant web design. my thinking was that since sonic youth was "difficult" music (compared to mainstream music) that often morphed into total chaos i would make evol.org similarly difficult - that is to say there was NOISE, the backgrounds were often extremely busy and the print maybe a little hard to read on certain pages. and there were sometimes links that weren't obvious and could easily be missed. kind of annoying at times.

i think it said, on the top:

this page is best viewed with netscape . . . and a beer and a ciggie wouldn't hurt either.

btw - i did that page with a dial up - that's all most people had back then; and i learned html by looking at other pages with "view source." and then copying the html tags into notepad. it was a lot of fun. try view source now and it is clear that not many people write html that way anymore!

yeh, and alt.music.sonic-youth was my obsession back than a lot of fun. the best part was when at one point thurston and lee (mostly thurston) started posting to the forum.

i knew they were real,but most of the regulars thought they were fake, you know, people pretending to be thurston and lee. (thurston was fempriest and lee was eyemote) and there were other people who were fake - pretending to be band members. and thurston (fempriest) was purposely ambiguous as to whether or not it was really him. so here were the biggest sonic youth fans telling thurston to shut up and quit pretending he was thurston - it was pretty funny. i bet it is all archived on google "groups."

anyway, thanks for all your kind words.

m

I was too young to really be involved with the newsgroup, but I found this funny archive:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...b92e65412 1b4
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|