View Single Post
Old 06.16.2015, 10:18 PM   #1010
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i just hate everything he represents

Whoah. Where did that come from?

Like almost all rappers (seriously, like, 99%) he has a definite materialistic side, but unlike so many others, his materialism has been examined and reflected upon from social, cultural and "individual" perspectives.

He has always been, at heart, a "conscious rapper." Only unlike so many of the others who fit that bill, he's a furiously creative and innovative musician technologically. Also, unlike most conscious rappers (unlike any, really.. Ever) he has had the good fortune of becoming the biggest musician of the century. So he's rather more in the limelight than, say, Jeru the Damaja.

I think it's pretty extreme to say you hate everything he stands for when, last time I checked, you didn't know much about him and knew less about his music.

Didn't I tell you to listen to "Who Will Survive in America" and "So Appalled" and "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" and "Runaway" and "Everything I Am"?

How'd all that go? What, specifically, do you dislike or find objectionable about his music? Which albums offend you most, and for what reason?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|