View Single Post
Old 12.15.2015, 11:34 AM   #1771
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" is Pitchfork's choice for #1 Track of 2015.

That seems like a very unpitchforklike choice. They usually leave the artier choices for album of the year, and choose more immediate and poppy songs for their tracks list.

Methinks there's a little bit of socio-political asskissery at work here. I was putting my money on "Hotline Bling" (#2), based on the super coverage the song received, and how it was basically named "song of the summer." I love "Alright" and think it's a totally worth choice for song of the year, but I think p4k is trying to get a little zeitgeisty by selecting it when in the past they've selected a pretty steady stream of bangers, crossover pop hits and infectious indie tracks.

I don't see how any album other than TPAB could possibly get claim their #1 spot, but now I wonder, because I believe they try not to award the track and album honors to the same artist, even though that's exactly what they did last year with Run the Jewels 2/"Close your eyes (and count to fuck)".

I wonder if Drake won't end up taking #1 album. Hmm.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|