View Single Post
Old 03.22.2006, 05:51 PM   #40
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with hip priests list; while I genuinely think some on the list are definitely over-rated (especially, with bells on, Zappa, The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix), I think part of the point is that rarely are a band, especially one of the legion of 'classic rock' groups, deserving of anything like the hyperbolic nonsense that gets thrown at them. The point, then, is that in spite of my personal feelings, all the bands on Hip Priest's list (and a few others I can't be bothered to name) could never live up to the hype that's thrown at them.

*Insert long drawn out rant about how the Beatles are the worst thing to happen to music ever*

The Fall, The Shaggs and The Monks are deserved of all praise thrown at them, and then some more. This is truth.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|