View Single Post
Old 06.27.2012, 01:42 AM   #53
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
You make it sound as though people are deliberately going against their true instincts by saying they dislike those albums. I suppose some might but as someone who dislikes both (although I quite like a couple of songs on Eternal) it seems to me that SY in recent years have almost no connection with what initially got me interested in them. Not better or worse, necessarily, just incomparably different. Apart from loyalty or curiosity, what is there in Rather Ripped or The Eternal that should make a fan of Confusion is Sex or Bad Moon Rising feel in any way obliged to care about them?

That may well make me narrow minded but not dishonest or (heaven forbid) searching for respect here. I never expected or wanted SY to stop progressing, I just don't really care much for where that progression has taken them.
Itīs me totally ok to not like Rather Ripped or Eternal. What bugs me is that every now and then somebody started thread where people say how lousy albums RR and Eternal are. I think everybody knows in this board that there are many SY fans who donīt like them.

To me it seems many SY fans had really out of realism expectations before RR and of course SY couldnīt fullfill them. Since them here has been lots of this "SY used to be great band, but they betrayed us". To me it seems many fans seem to think their favourite artists are like parents to them nowdays. I am very serious music fan, but I donīt expect artists all the time fullfill my hopes. There are many artists that I think have turned to mediocre and I donīt listen them anymore. I donīt also have any interest to be also in those artists gossibs. I am here, because I think SY still make very important music to me. I still think itīs the greatest band in the world.

Is this SYG so special message board you have to be here even you havenīt like SY after BMR?
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|