Thread: drugs/music
View Single Post
Old 08.20.2009, 02:26 AM   #25
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
you edited out a lot of that post before i could respond to that.

Yeah, I edited because I wasn't sure if I wanted personalized hate responses over this one by certain members on the board.....

But whatever. I'll go ahead anyway.

What I had essentially said before is that I've watched a lot of people become addicts and I work with inner city smack addicts at my job. I have a really difficult time entertaining the notion that these people are really doing something productive.

Occasionally there is an amazing drug infested talent out there...but usually people are broken before they break through.

There can sometimes be too fine of a line between experimenting (which yes, i do think can provide some creativity/insights) and addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
i think you can almost prove my argument chemically. with drug addiction, your brain is wired to get its dopamine fix from drugs, you're not going to want or enjoy music, you're only going to be doing music so you can get more money/drugs. you're not going to give a fuck about putting your energy/creativity towards music, it all goes towards drugs, and the fantasies they allow you to have about yourself. you don't have the time/energy/money to make music anything other than a side effect/justification/way to get paid.

I don't really remember much of the neurology I have taken but i do remember the professor mentioning that serotonin levels are effected by lsd, therefore bringing forth thoughts/images that usually might only show up in yr dreams.

But why don't people lucid dream or meditate instead? It's a lot less dangerous and actually requires the focus and discipline that it takes to make awesome music.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|