View Single Post
Old 05.13.2009, 08:16 AM   #26
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Being 25 years old, I just sort of slid off of the radio and into the internet in my formative years. I think I was 14 when I first realized that you could download songs off the net. Sure, Napster wasn't fully formed yet, and it required searching peoples personal webpages, and in most cases you also needed (*shudder*) Real Player. But it worked, and I liked it.

As far as radio goes, once again due to my age, I never knew radio to be in any way especially good. Sure, as a kid I loved Michael Jackson, and I would stay in the car when everyone else went inside when that song Wild Wild West came on (I have no idea who does that song), but even then I knew there was a chance of hearing crap (Taylor Dayne anyone?).

As Rob mentioned, there was a time when DJ's could pick the music they wanted to play, and sure that was better, but better isn't always good. Yeah, they may have played an Al Green song followed by Hank Williams, and that would have been cool, but what if they had a hankerin' for Dolly Parton? You still didn't have control over what you would listen to.

I like the internet for this reason. Sure, it may have killed the anticipation of new releases, and for some that may not be worth it. Myself, I've never cared about new stuff, just stuff I like. That being the case, I like being able to pick and choose exactly what songs I will hear, and even what order I will hear them in.

Internet>Radio
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|