View Single Post
Old 07.29.2008, 12:54 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
very difficuilt to narrow down. to edge out the possinilities, ill lay out some rules as to what noise is in this thread, and what applies.

1. no noise rock. noise rock, even st its most dissonant, is still rock music, and therefore not noise, so i dont want anyome giving answers like chrome, lightning bolt, royal trux, and obviously, boredoms.
2. we shall only use bands/artists who operate in noise 100 percent of the time. for example, if we were going to name artists who have a sound that is very reminescent of noise, or maybe has noise as a part of its sound, cock esp, borbetomagus, caroliner, and to live and shave in la would all be on my list. but these bands dont strictly make noise, cock esp mixes noise, punk, concrete, free jazz, 80s metal, and electronica, borbetomagus is free noise-jazz, caroliner is industrial folk/experimental noise
etc.. also, many of us would put keiji haino on our lists, but what makes haino so great is he makes noise, noise rock, psychedelia, psychedelic folk, etc.. no keiji.
3. some genres get lumped in with noise, but arent completley so, bands such as these will be omitted. im talking drone, ambient drone, and dark ambient mainly. all these genres are based on sound, loud, occasionally scary, and more often than not, electronic, like noise, but they arent noise.

ok, so we will only include artists who we are 100 percent positive are either noise or power electronics, this will make the choices easier and hopefully avoid unwanted arguements as to who is/isnt noise.

ok, thats my percocett induced spiel, and heres my list (subject to change):
1. masonna
2. whitehouse
3. smegma
4. kevin drumm
5. the gerogerigegege
6. merzbow
7. emil beaulieau
8. the incapacitants
9. violent onsen geisha
10.the haters

listen to pink reason