View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 08:27 PM   #113
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
check out ubuweb.com - people have been doing killer whacked out shit for decades.

Quote:
I won't say there is no skill involved, because that will start flames like none other on this board, but even the biggest noise "musicians" have to admit there isn't much skill involved.

does an artist like mark rothko not have skill because he cannot paint portraits comparable to those of rembrant? do you think its ridiculous that i am even comparing these two artists? just as it is that you compare the product of a "traditional" musician to that of a noise musician. do you call christo an "artist" instead of an artist just as you call merzbow a "musician" instead of a musician? a noise musician explores totally opposite areas of sound so really it is hard to define them in the same terms as you would other musicians just because they create using the same medium. just as its hard to compare rembrant and rothko who explore very different themes and create on very different terms just because they both use paint in their final execution.

sure anyone can run their casio through some distortion pedals and make noise, and i think its that attitude of "hey anyone can do it, its just noise so its doesnt matter" is what creates the massive saturation of mediocracy that some of you speak of. since i can make a splatter painting, does that degrade the genre of splatter painting? does jackson pollock now have no credibility that my little sister comes home from her 5th grade art class with a similar looking piece?