Thread: how's your pet?
View Single Post
Old 10.24.2017, 01:54 PM   #33
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
2 things, the first important:

a) do not use cheap flea medication from the supermarket. it can kill cats. stick to the legit stuff—but if you can get it discounted, great

b) when you leave the house at odd times or for long periods leave your dirty smelly tshirt in a place they hang out so they can feel your funk

extra: c) non-chemical treatments like a flea comb and diatomaceous earth can help

Hey, do you have any tips about cat piss?

I’ve had my “main” cat — the subject of many affectionate rants on this very board — for 12-13 years, and he NEVER pissed anywhere other than his litter box for YEARS. Even if I was a bad catdad and forgot to clean it for a while, he *always* used it because he’s a goddamn badass.

But a couple years ago, I rescued a feral kitten, and even though she quickly became a total loveball, she never really lost the marking instinct... not even after she was spayed. So, my older cat takes this new information in, and after a while HE starts pissing on shit.

Now she almost never does it and he’s the main offender.

Could be that he’s just getting old, but man I’ve tried everything — cleaning the box multiple times a day (great way to smell like cat litter all the time), spraying repellants, steam cleaning the carpet to get rid of the smell of old “ooposies.” But he still does it every once in a while. And he’ll do it when I’m away or right in front of me. Very strange. 10 years I’d never dribbling outside his box, and now... blech.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|