View Single Post
Old 08.13.2017, 03:38 PM   #1525
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Watching Eccleston again, and with the benefit of hindsight, I do have a new respect for what he was trying to do, even if the results weren't always as successful as they could've been. He brought out a tragic, almost pathetic side of the doctor. A desperation that other actors have explored but none, i'd say, with as much commitment or intensity. I still prefer Tennant's Doctor overall but there are scenes during Eccleston's run which are some of the best and most unique and affecting, from any era. If he could've only kept that grin in check.

No remorse for Jackie though.

Are you streaming it? Netflix no longer had it for stream. I want to binge! Is it on Hulu or something? Eh?

Also, Jackie... you talkin' about Captain Jack? Because John Barrowman is THE hammiest actors in the goddamn world, but I still like the character when he's not making out with guys super intensely, just to, it seems, make out with guys. That sounds homophobic right? Well, no. I dislike gratuitous making out for no reason between men and women, women and women, men and men, etc. it always feels like a ploy, and it makes my stomach lurch. Torchwood was trying too hard to be "Adult/R-rated" Doctor Who, and as a result went way overboard with the goddamn mother Fucking libidos!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|