View Single Post
Old 08.13.2017, 03:10 PM   #1524
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what's bananas about tennant is the proportion between his tiny chin and his mega-forehead, plus he has large eyes like a girl (or a character in the testament of orpheus) so that he looks more alien. whereas eccleston looks like a dude from a bar down the street. that's what i thought was cool about him, not in the relatability, but that he could look "normal", that being, hide among the masses. which is why his girlfriend is (in the words of the last human) "a chav." aaaa haaa haaa haa.

btw im in the middle of the cybermen story. which as i recall were called the robomen in early times? mickey ftw.

Watching Eccleston again, and with the benefit of hindsight, I do have a new respect for what he was trying to do, even if the results weren't always as successful as they could've been. He brought out a tragic, almost pathetic side of the doctor. A desperation that other actors have explored but none, i'd say, with as much commitment or intensity. I still prefer Tennant's Doctor overall but there are scenes during Eccleston's run which are some of the best and most unique and affecting, from any era. If he could've only kept that grin in check.

No remorse for Jackie though.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|