View Single Post
Old 10.22.2006, 07:06 PM   #7
TheDom
expwy. to yr skull

TheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's assesTheDom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by against_the_grain

My absolute favorite EVER performance is 'Hear My Train a comin' from Berkeley. BUT it's from the 1st set and not on the legitimately available Berkeley concert. You can find it on 'Blues'...it used to be on the 'Rainbow Bridge' vinyl LP. But that is my quintessential Hendrix live performance....best version I've ever heard of the killerest blues-rock...IMHO !

Yeah, that is a damn good performance.

It is also on the The Berkeley DVD, but they really fucked that video up with some lame ass editing (during a killer Machine Gun, it cuts randomly to footage of hippies and cops throwing smoke grenades/ and during Star-Spangled Banner it keeps cutting back to a little boy playing the saxophone).

The DVD is cheap though, so that is a plus. and it is worth it alone for the afore mention Hear My Train a-Comin', the Voodoo Child, Purple Haze and Jimi playin' Johnny B. Goode.
TheDom is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|