View Single Post
Old 04.19.2006, 08:27 AM   #29
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I view Jim leaving as just a parting due to interest.

I am glad at how things turned out though. I was extremely excited to see what Jim could bring to SY since I was a huge GDS fan as well as a fan of Brise Glace, but I guess I was expecting a more aggressive SY with him in the band which never really panned out.

I think I'm glad at how things have turned out because the album sounds more closer to the SY that I personally like more. I never did like NYG&F and to this day, I still try to pop that disc in and it is the only SY album that I really can't even listen all the way through. It is the first album that I really thought had some very boring songs, but that's just me. I also didn't like Murray St but Nurse was better.

I'm really just glad SY got back to melody with aggressive guitar and overtones. That's why I loved Evol, sister, DDN, Goo, Dirty and even Washing Machine more than any of the previous 4 albums.

But I guess it just depends on when you got into SY. I think majority of the fans that got into SY around Washing Machine and before will like this album much more than those who got into SY around NYG&F and after.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|