View Single Post
Old 04.19.2006, 06:55 AM   #27
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
I'm listening to RR as I type this and I see what Khchris' means by the repeated listens needed to extract the quality of the album. I do, however, disagree with the notion that Jim O'rourke was a negative influence on the group. I believe he simply brought more to the band and they needed it at the time. ATL, Murray Street are some of my favorites and I like the laid back approach the band had on those records. RR is definetly more calculated and poppy sounding, I'm not saying SY are those things, thats just how it sounds to me. Is it good, yes, every listen increases the level of quality, and maybe it was good for SY to purge their system from the era of ATL,MS,SN. Perhaps in 5 years we will all look back and say this was the "right" move for them to make. After all, they would have done this album the same with Jim O'Rourke, this due his "hired hand" status and not a total songwriter.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|