View Single Post
Old 07.29.2017, 07:15 PM   #21
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
The Murder Mystery is great.

They only put out 4 albums (Squeeze does not count, of course). No skippable tracks in my mind.

Olympia, Washington? You're blaming Oly for cutesy twee? The hell? Oly also gave birth to Unwound, and a veritable fuckton of other decent hands and artists.

Do you just not like Beat Happening?
Beat Happening were awful. In and of themselves I wouldn't have such a problem, but the fact that they became influential did way more damage than good in my opinion.

I also don't particularly care for the third Velvet Underground album but I see why other people like it.

Cute music isn't solely Olympia's fault, but K Records sure didn't help.

I have plenty of musical heroes, VU high among them, but they all make missteps and I can't think of any who are "infallible." I don't even want them to be.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|