View Single Post
Old 08.05.2008, 01:35 PM   #105
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
There must be more to loving music than that, please.

I even compromised with the fact that, ok it's Radiohead and people like them etc, but the continuous and repetitive mantra that they have made some of the greatest records in the world at any given opportunity has reached ridiculous and plain oppressive proportions.

I'd give it to The Beatles that they made some phenominally influential records and they deserve the place in music history that they have, but when you can't help thinking that way too many of their voters seem incapable of enthusing about all their innovative blah blah blah methods and can't move from step A to B because of pure and simple laziness and lack of any sense of adventurous taste, often masked by plain and simple misinformed arrogance, you can't help being more than a bit let down by the (more or less) same list of greatest records over and over.

And I almost categorally refuse to put any records in any particularly privileged position than others either, since as often has been said on here, it is all a bit subjective when it comes to music, more so when it comes to rock music, I think.
Hear hear. In all honesty my listening habit of Radiohead dropped to nonexistent about a year or two ago and was trailing hard for the past four. I had my phase of them. Good music but I don't feel like loitering my taste, at least in accordance to my own will to adventure.

But I particularly agree with the last point. I'm not a fan of "all time greatest" kind of lists in general. For this one, I just voted for the albums I listened to most over the last handful of months either around town or during dinner or whatever. Very subjective.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sarramkrop again.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|