View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 10:07 AM   #70
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
definitely, i'll get into the japanese discussion; pita i consider is more electronica than anything, with a lot of noise elements. i admire peter a lot, actually, i reviewed a bas... for the magazine i work and i made the point that he is one of the few electronic artist to not work in a fixed genre and that there's to explore sound more than anyone in their field.

now, yes, i agree with your point on the japanese artists, definitely but a crucial point is that they pioneeered this shit and that's why they are THE people for many and rightfully so.

actually, i had this talk with someone here, who started noise, he said it was whitehouse and the whole power electronics crew in england and i said it was hijokaidan and merzbow and all the harsh people in japan. sure whitehouse, sutcliffed, ramleh, etc. started before-ish the japanese and influenced those guys but they worked in very fixed parameters all of them and their focus was in the vocals and the lyrics more so than the music. the japanese on the other hand, shifted the attention towards the sounds and expanded upon them, making them more brutal but also covering more ground.

of course, this is a debate on par with who started punk.

ps: i think rob instigator beat you to name the omnipresent ones.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|