Thread: uk vs. us punk?
View Single Post
Old 09.26.2006, 07:41 PM   #31
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
If you can't choose between the Stooges and the Slits, that shows your regional bias.

I think the Slits are good fun, and if I were a teenage girl, I might be inspired to start a band after hearing the Slits, but they never made a record that wasn't chock fulla filler, let alone anything of the caliber and gravity of "Funhouse."

Why not say Switzerland beats the US and UK solely on the basis of Liliput?

Music shouldn't be a contest like this anyway. Though I really believe that the best punk came from here (it does figure since we invented this shit), if we had a competition for which country has the worst bands, most of the very worst bands also come from the USA. The Exploited can be outdone by everything from the post-Sum/Blink era.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|