View Single Post
Old 01.02.2017, 03:47 PM   #1027
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Really want to watch Luther. Say more stuff about it. Gotta convince the girlfriend to go in with me.

Re: PREACHER -- I've been wondering how in the hell this could possibly be adapted for the TV or film in a non-catastrophic way. The story is so massive. But from what I hear the first season didn't really feel like an adaptation of the comic. Second season promises to be more like it. Not sure if I want to bother until it comes to Netflix.

the story could have been done in 45 minutes of tv. the problem was filling up all the insterstices from one panel to the next with live action.

the solution was a total rewrite as far as i can see. which makes it like a whole new story, but with characters you know. and it's good. it's not GREAT, but it's good. the acting though by the dude that plays cassidy is dementedly great, i mean, it's the irish vampire come to life-- and one who does tulip (the woman w/ the flower dress in agents of S.H.I.T.) just makes such a great & original characterization i thought. like really i stand up & applaud those too.

as for luther: it's idris fucking elba! and he makes a great character

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Luther is another of those "tragic, angry detectives" . I'm fucking tired of them for sure, if life's so shitty, eat your gun...

come on sir, no. unfair. what you say is true but only to an extent. this has more dimensions. great writing and acting. usual middling production values from british tv shows but the writing and acting beat 'mericas cop shows.

but yeah, okay, it's not a "new" thing that way. but it's better.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|