View Single Post
Old 10.12.2012, 06:05 PM   #16318
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Blood and Black Lace - Quite similar regarding my feelings towards this one. A stylish/colorful film directed by Mario Bava which may have a few moments here and there that are interesting, but ultimately it leaves me for much of its duration bored and not very intrigued by what's going on. Again, I really did like the music in this and the opening credits scene evokes a very hypnotizing mood. Decent film overall I suppose. I'd be interested in reading what anyone here thinks of it, if they've seen it.

I find it quite boring, to be honest. It has all the classic Bava ingredients but doesn't really hold together as a complete movie - which is itself arguably a key ingredient in a lot of Bava's Gialli. So while he's become largely synonymous with that genre and has mainly built his reputation on them, it's the stuff in other genres that I tend to be more into: stuff like Black Sunday, Lisa and the Devil, Danger: Diabolik, Rabid Dogs and the Doctor Goldfoot movies. I suppose that's about as perverse as someone saying they're a big Woody Allen fan but tend not to like his comedies.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|