View Single Post
Old 02.05.2018, 10:19 AM   #4972
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
And finished Fellowship of the Ring. Likely won't officially start The Two Towers until next weekend, but I consider it started as of tonight.

Fellowship is my favorite and has been since the very first time I read it in a sparsely populated advanced language arts class in like 1995. I think it hits all the right buttons, and creates a sense of bigger-than-life tension and danger and sacrifice without getting bogged down in the attempt to execute all that stuff. It’s the impression of danger, not the danger itself, that has always appealed to me about LOTR. Heading into a storm with no idea what to expect other than almost certain death. The other two books have to grapple with the characters actually getting into those situations, and while I still ebjoy them, they lack the sense of wonder and dread that Felllowship has.

Two Towers is a good read. Return of the King is my least favorite, because I’m weird.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|