View Single Post
Old 03.01.2010, 04:35 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I can't really speak for Asian culture too much because I'm not Asian, and I don't spend that much time with British Asians. I suppose it's stuck between two poles - Black British culture is massively visible, broadly appealing and spreads beyond merely black British people. So it doesn't really have too much of a problem garnering an audience.

I know of very few people into Bhangra and Desi, even amongst the British Asians I know. So the 'youth culture' side of it is still pretty niche. On the other hand, the 'traditional culture' side of it is as diverse as South Asia itself. What appeals to families from Gujarati India probably wouldn't appeal to Sylheti Bangladeshis or Islamabad Pakistanis.

So yeah. Based on my wild speculation on a culture I don't know or properly understand, the Asian network is fucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|