View Single Post
Old 03.01.2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, that's a good point. The only Asian network programmes I've listened to were devotional Hindu shows, Islamic music, that sort of thing. But I remember tuning in a few times it's like 1xtra but with Bhangra/ Desi rather than hip-hop/ grime.

What I'd like to see is, rather than threatening to spread out the licence fee money to c4 (etc), if government put pressure on these newer stations to produce something more in the Radio 3/ 4 model than the Radio 1/2 mould. I know there's not many radio 3 fans on this board, but it honestly astonishes me the sort of stuff they put on there, day in, day out. They had about 2 hours of Derek Bailey in the early afternoon once, just 2 or so years ago. Earlier this year they had an hour a day of Schnittke, every lunchtime, for a week. They've had marathons of playing absolutely everything people like Debussy, Mozart, Bach (!) [etc] wrote. And if they were following the R1 model, this could never, ever happen.

But yeah... I imagine it wouldn't take much work to save the Asian network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|