View Single Post
Old 03.01.2010, 02:02 PM   #4
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Stuart Maconie was the one who did the Freak Zone, which was definitely well worth keeping in some capacity.

As for Asian Network, ive rarely ever listened to it but ive heard alot of people say that the prime time stuff it plays is alot like Radio 1. I think theyre finding it hard to justify the existence of these stations if theyre drifting towards being unneccessary for the license fee payer. I would be all in favour for a 6music that played genuinely diverse music in its daily schedules, but it just plays the same things XFM played the last time i listened to it, and thats why i can never be bothered.
I dont think any of us expects to have our needs catered to totally, but it seems like the big audience slots are under such pressure to achieve ratings that they water down their content.

Its the same old story about financial justification vs cultural significance, but if theyre gonna get rid of 6music and Asian network they definitely have to reconstitute the unique elements of those stations in some capacity.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|