View Single Post
Old 03.01.2010, 11:11 AM   #3
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I don't give a fuck about 6 music. I don't think it fosters anything other than a continued career for a lot of indie bore DJs. All I've ever heard that's anything like adventurous was Gideon Coe's Freak Zone (I think that's what it's called) which was, admittedly, great, but hardly worth keeping 6 music for.

I do care about the Asian Network going. Not that I listen to it much, but the additional stations for the BBC were freed up on the basis of servicing the national community. And Asian music and culture is, on a national basis, widely under-represented. One of the main reasons for keeping the BBC is that they can host programmes that are not particularly commercial. Radio 1 has gone to the shit, but before it did, it had Peel. It still has Hobbs. I don't feel either could've operated in the commercial sphere. For my own interests, there's Radio 3. The difference between Radio 3 and a commercial classical station is that... well, the symphony I'm listening to on the radio has been on for 45 minutes + now. That sort of behaviour doesn't happen in the commercial sphere, and it's thanks to the nature of the licence the BBC has. I'm surprised it's even an option to axe the Asian network on that basis. If 6 music doesn't fulfil its remit (and unless it stops being a 24hr Evening Session, it won't) then it really should go.

Sorry, bit convoluted there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|