View Single Post
Old 10.16.2009, 10:12 AM   #29
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but roy, i heard about this in a philosophy of music class i took in grad school. you know, that place you want to go to.

are you trying to discredit the fact that strauss was a nazi collaborator?

i knew it, roy-- you're a hitler apologist.

HITLER APOLOGIST

next thing you're going to be recommending wagner

I lolled twice.

I wouldn't 'discredit' Strauss' so-called Nazi collaboration - there's no point, it's well known. As well as his Jewish family. And his support of Jewish musicians. And his love of Jewish composers. None of which I particularly care about, none of which matters. Goebbels never produced anything, that I'm aware of, that's anywhere near as good as Salome. Goering didn't produce anything as astounding as the overture to Tristan and Isolde.

I'm currently in 'grad' school. And so far I haven't had a hissy fit and abandoned it to forever bitterly bemoan academics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|