View Single Post
Old 08.30.2007, 09:15 PM   #22
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
Also one of my top SY albums, along with Washing Machine (what a great period!). More far out than WM and definitely has a more vivid mood. I always think of the seasons when I listen to this. Hoarfrost is very snowy and wintery, Hit of Sunshine sounds like spring etc Really atmospheric stuff.

Snare Girl is probably my favourite SY ballad and along with Karen Koltrane and Sunday make up the top 3 tracks on 1000 leaves for me. The instrumentation on Snare Girl is amazing IMO - T's/K's droning guitar, L's distant loungy licks in the middle and Steve minimilist drumming = an amazing mood is achieved!

Karen Koltrane is definitely one of the Lee greats and one of the darkest SY yet - its pure Winter until the end when the season changes into spring with the chirpy interlocking guitar thing - amazing!!

Sunday is a really tasteful straight up track which I usually play people who aren't into SY - its oozes cool!
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|