Thread: SY & traditions
View Single Post
Old 06.25.2013, 03:32 AM   #18
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
The SYRs are jams and pre-versions of later album material which always seems to be collaborative. Thurston and Kim somtimes actually switch songs before recording the album, but Lee, all his tunes seem to be solidly his tunes, both lyrically and musically. So maybe Lee's tunes aren't part of that creative process that has been the SYRs?
I think this isn`t totally correct. Maybe at first SYR`s meaning was to be pre-versions of album material, but already in SYR3 they seem to change direction to the total experimentalism. And in SYR4 there is just art music from other composers. Then came Kimīs collaboration. After that they started to release earlier experimental performances. So I think the meaning of SYR is just to release out-of-normal-album stuff, kind of too experimental stuff to the normal albums. Why there isnīt any Leeīs vocals, thatīs mystery to me, because heīs doing vocals in his very experimental solos. Thurstonīs experimental solos very rare include vocals, am I right?

And thatīs Leeīs part isnīt also right. I think for example Mote has made by Thurston & Kim mostly, but Lee sings it. I think they do songs very collectively in SY.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|