Thread: SY & traditions
View Single Post
Old 06.24.2013, 11:37 PM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Last four years I have listened SYR3 in the midsummer night. Last night I change this "tradition" in listening SYR6 instead of 3. Both fit very well into my feelings of midsummer night.

A little details: Kim has vocals on every SYR except SYR1 & SYR9. Thurston has only one vocal in SYR4, Lee has none. I think there is no reason why this is so.

The SYRs are jams and pre-versions of later album material which always seems to be collaborative. Thurston and Kim somtimes actually switch songs before recording the album, but Lee, all his tunes seem to be solidly his tunes, both lyrically and musically. So maybe Lee's tunes aren't part of that creative process that has been the SYRs?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|